Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

The week of Valentine's Day is always a VERY busy week.  My husband's brithday is the next day and my youngest son's birthday is 3 days after that.  My husband, Chad, always likes to go out for dinner for his birthday, which honestly, is quite nice.  I have the night off from cooking. :)  Then for our youngest son, Andy, I try to plan a fun party with a special dinner.  Well, that certainly takes time and energy to do.  So, Valentine's Day kind of gets pushed to the back burner.

I always WANT to do something for my Valentines, but it's needs to be something simple and quick.  Besides, I think my kids have way more fun getting Valentine's from their friends at school.  Here's what I made this year for special ones.

When Chad and the kids came downstairs this is what they saw....

This is what they found inside the boxes...
Chocolate and Sprinkle Covered Heart Shaped Marshmallows


This is what I made for breakfast....

Pillsbury Flaky Cinnamon Rolls



For lunch the kids had... pb & h heart sandwiches.












 and finally, for dinner...

Eggs in a Heart Frame

It may look like I worked hard in the kitchen, but really I didn't.  All I needed was my handy heart shaped cookie cutter and a few ingredients I had on hand.  My family loved their treats and I know they felt special!  In fact, I think my oldest son ate his dinner in record time.  Next time you want to do something special for your loved ones, think simple. :)

1 comment:

  1. What made your Valentine's Day special? Did you cook something for your loved ones? Did they cook something special for you?

    ReplyDelete