Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Andy's 3rd Birthday

Andy's birthday is coming up... in fact, it's only 2 1/2 weeks away!  I can't believe my baby is almost 3.  Wow.  Do you want to know the best part?  I don't have to buy diapers EVER AGAIN!!!  That is worth celebrating, too.  :) 


Andy is SO in to Cars 2.  It's the cutest thing hearing him say Francesco Bernoulli, Holy Shiftwell, and Finn McMissile.  I never did a Cars theme for my older son and I always wanted to.  Now's my chance and I know Andy is going to love it! 


For birthday parties, I really try to keep things simple.  I have the party at home or at the park and try not to get carried away with the extras.  After all, who really needs to spend hundreds of dollars on parties, when the birthday kid really just wants cake and presents? 


Here's my plan...


Andy's friends will come over and play, have a simple snack, open presents, eat a birthday treat.  Then later, for dinner, grandparents, aunts and uncles will come over for a special birthday dinner, probably more presents, and more treats!


My husband and I started coming up with food ideas that work with the Cars/Cars 2 theme.  Here's what we have come up with so far...
Can't Turn on Dirt Cake


Stuffed Tow-Maters
Tow-Mater Soup
  
Wait for Me Mack & Cheese

Radiator Spring Rolls
Ramone's Paint Shop Cookies (Sugar cookies w/ different colored frosting)
Low & Slow Cooked... (Something cooked in the crockpot)

Leaning Tower of Doughnuts or Bagel Bites or Mini Bagels....

Fillmore's Organic Fruit


Some other ideas...

Bugs in the Grill-ed Cheese (Bacon bits for the bugs)
Mixed Lug Nuts


As far as the snacks go for the kids... Well, the grocery store made that extremely easy! 

 


   Stay tuned to see what we decide to make for Andy's special birthday lunch and dinner! 















No comments:

Post a Comment