Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Cookies

On Tuesday, my sister-in-law, Wendy, came over to decorate Easter eggs with us.  So, of course, I felt that we needed to have a treat while we worked.  Haha! 






I found this recipe for Bird's Nest Cookies on the back of a bag of speckled Easter m&m's.  They looked really cute and perfect for an Easter treat.  


*Note: the recipe available through the website is slightly different than the one on the back of the m&m bag.   


As I was making the dough, I read that these cookies only called for 1/2 c of sugar.  That's it?!  Really?!  Chocolate chip cookies call for 1 1/2 cups.  Well, I didn't want to improvise on the recipe... I was running short on time.  Maybe the coconut would help sweeten the cookie.  I don't know. 



I finished baking the cookies, let them cool, and filled them with the eggs.  Adorable!  I took a bite of just the cookie, no m&m,... yeah, they weren't very sweet.  Definitely, not sweet enough for my taste.  The next bite I took, this time with an m&m, was MUCH better.  I'm guessing the creator of the recipe didn't want the cookies to be too sickening sweet if you eat it with the candy.


The kids ate the candies but only ate a few bites of the cookies.  Next time, I think I will make these with more sugar... maybe double the amount!  Who doesn't like a sweet cookie?!   

No comments:

Post a Comment